Tonight is my last PTA meeting as president. We have term limits (like the United States President, just not as long), and I have served the maximum years allowed by our PTA bylaws.
I have been honored to lead such a great group of folks! Thank you for the last 3 years of support, hard work and love you all have given me. I am so happy with the progress and it is all thanks to you. Here are some highlights that you all made happen:
- Number of assemblies have gone from 2-3 a year to 8-10!
- Membership has grown year over year, with a 75% increase of teacher involvement.
- Financial giving to the PTA grew from $8,000 to over $25,000 annually. Wow!!!
- Philanthropic giving has been incorporated to everything we do (for example, Partners in Outreach and Chester County Food Bank).
- Art in school! Did you see the kids pictures on the wall and their beautiful displays and the upper team art project in its second year?
- So many great clubs and activities have been added (such as Language Club, All Pro Dad, and the Talent Show just to name a few.)
- Subsidizing field trips $15 per child.
- Creation of outdoor spaces like the Outdoor Classroom and Gardens.
- Celebration of our diversity and culture through International Night, a great event and joint effort with our teachers.
- The start of our outdoor mosaic mural project. Yes, we will make the outside of the school beautiful as well.
- And so many other great things!
Let’s keep it going, the possibilities are endless!
Thank you again! Hugs and kisses to you all and your kids.
Sarah Black, PTA President